- About WET (Water and Environment Transformation)
WET-Africa Charter of Hope
WET Africa envisages a platform of dialogue and action, where ALL citizens, participate freely in shaping their future, an opportunity to change Africa’s environmental perspectives
The participating partners, development agencies, corporate, education organisations, civil societies and governments will endorse a charter of goodwill to save our urban rivers, address growing urban waste management, and increasing marginalisation of the poor through poor sanitation provision, child equity through provision of adequate school sanitation and waste water management. We in the PLATFORM undertake to;
- Encourage information sharing and exchange on Water, Sanitation and Environment innovations, technologies and processes that contribute to sustainable environmental management.
- Support and encourage the voices of All to the contribution of sustainable development on a neutral platform of a green culture in Africa including women and children.
- Encourage scientific foundation as a base for planning, decision making and constructive dialogue for sustainable development in Africa.
- Support and encourage private sector and social entrepreneurs to play a pro active role through private-public partnerships in support of sustainable communities in Africa.
- To encourage innovative financing in support of Water, Sanitation and Environmental transformation, investments and monitoring in Africa.
- Support and encourage commitment towards a strategic monitoring of the implementation of MDGs on Water, Sanitation and Environment in Africa.
With capacity, passion and goodwill on the platform, we can make a green difference and transform Africa